2014/15 Activity Programme
Over the next few pages, you’ll find information about our plans for 2014/15.
Our work is divided into seven activity areas:
- Governance – engagement with Māori, and information, consultation and decision-making.
- Environment – gardens and beaches, green open spaces, water, wastewater, waste reduction and energy conservation, environmental conservation attractions and the quarry.
- Economic development – city promotions, events and attractions, and business support.
- Cultural wellbeing – heritage, galleries and museums, community arts and cultural support, and arts partnerships.
- Social and recreation – housing, recreation facilities and programmes, libraries, public health and safety and community support.
- Urban development – urban planning and policy, building control and facilitation, development control and facilitation, earthquake risk mitigation and public spaces development.
- Transport – transport planning and policy, transport networks and parking.
In each section we outline information about the work we do, key projects, capital and operational costs, and our performance targets (ie our targets for quantity, quality and breadth of service).
We’ve done our best to provide information that is meaningful and relevant, and to present this information as clearly as possible, so that you – Wellington’s residents and business people – can be informed about our programme for the year ahead.