1.1 Governance, information and engagement
Pārongo, kōrerorero whānui me ngā mahi whakataunga
We want to involve people and maintain their confidence in our decision-making.
What we do
- City governance and engagement
- Civic information
- City archives.
Our decisions shape our city – today and into the future. These decisions have to reflect the services that matter to the community and how much they are willing to pay for them, so we do a range of things to ensure people are well informed and can contribute meaningfully to Council decision-making processes. The Local Government Act 2002 sets out the decision-making, planning and accountability procedures expected of councils.
Other legislation requires us to keep a record of our work and provide access to the information we hold. Our City Archives team looks after and makes available a huge range of primary information about the city’s history.
We also operate a 24/7 contact centre so we can provide people with information and respond to their requests related to our services.
- We will continue to develop the service centre as a one-stop-shop for customers.
- We will explore shared services with other councils in the region to reduce costs and improve services.
- We will review bylaws and polices to ensure their continued alignment with our overall goals.
- We will develop our long term plan – setting out the levels of service and investments that we intend to make.
Measuring our performanceTop
Our targets for 2014/15 are:
- at least 60% of residents are satisfied that the Council consults them the right amount
- at least 80% of residents are satisfied or neutral (neither satisfied nor dissatisfied) with the way the Council involves them in decision-making
- we monitor e-petition participation
- 100% of Council and committee agendas will be made available to the public two working days prior to the meeting
- 80% of Council and committee agendas will be made available to the public five working days prior to the meeting
- at least 80% of residents agree that Council information is easy to access
- at least 80% of residents agree the Council website is easy to navigate and use
- 80% of contact centre calls are answered within 30 seconds
- 90% of emails are answered within 12 hours and 100% of emails are answered within 24 hours6
- 80% of issues reported through the smartphone Fix-It app will be responded to within 30 minutes and the remaining 20% within six hours7
- 90% of users are satisfied with the City Archives services and facilities.
What it will costTop
|1.1 Governance, information and engagement||Operating expenditure 2014/15||Capital expenditure |
|1.1.1 - City governance and engagement||(58)||8,329||8,271||-|
|1.1.2 - Civic information||(324)||5,433||5,109||-|
|1.1.3 - City Archives||(182)||1,016||834||-|
|2014/15 1.1 Total||(564)||14,778||14,214||-|
|2012–22 LTP Yr 3 Total||(408)||15,856||15,448||-|
|Variance 2012–22 LTP Yr 3 to AP 14/15||(156)||(1,078)||(1,234)||-|